Time is running out.
This is serious.
It was all fun and games for a while, but now…
I know. You didn’t see this coming. You lived in the moment and thought that what you were doing each day made perfect sense, was necessary. Some of it was. And, yes, you are entitled to spend your limited time here on Earth doing whatever you choose. Well, “entitled” might not be the perfect word. Or it might be.
My point is: Stop it. Wasting time. You’ve wasted enough of it.
Here is a rough estimate and partial list* of how the time in your life gets used up:
- Childhood: Twelve years
- Working: Ten years (give or take. You know who you are.)
- Sleeping: One third of your life (about 25 years. Seriously.)
- Sitting on the Toilet: A year or more
- Eating: Three and a half to six years
- Waiting: Five years
- Doing Housework: One to four years
- Getting Dressed and Undressed: Too long
- Watching TV: Nearly a decade
- Shopping: Another decade
- Using Social Media: Please…
I might be panicking. Slightly. How much time have I wasted in my life doing that?
The plan going forward: ____________________ (Fill in the blank.)
[*Source: Just Google it.]